Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Invisible Ink By Elisabeth Joye Release date December 31, 2015


Invisible Ink

 

 

The Basics:

Title: Invisible Ink

Release Date: Dec. 31, 2015

Genres: Erotic Romance

Heat Level: Erotic

Word count: 36,410

Author: Elisabeth Joye

Cover Design: Amber Lea Easton

Invisible Ink on Amazon: http://myBook.to/invisibleink

 

Cover art and author photo also attached to email pitch for your convenience.

 

 

 

 

 

Blurb:

Lex has never felt more exposed.

 

She has just allowed Jake Reed, the lead singer of rock band Inkjet, to undress her and tie her to a chair backstage after a show, only to have him leave to go sign autographs.

 

It is the start of a dark, obsessive relationship that will lead Lex, a 20-something public relations professional from L.A., to lose herself almost entirely as she struggles to break through her sexual boundaries without falling in love with Jake, an intimidatingly gorgeous Hollywood actor/rock star who closely guards his emotions.

 

What starts as a series of casual hookups ends up a powerful addiction that will push Lex past all her sexual boundaries as Jake moves repeatedly in and out of her life, making few promises along the way. Lex fights to keep a sense of herself while she succumbs to Jake’s glamorous world and his irresistible allure.

 

Lori's 5+ star review"

This was the first book I've read by Elisabeth Joye and it was amazing!!!!!  Books that start off with hot sex right out of the gate always "peak" my interest, guess cuz I'm a "bad girl"  LOL just kidding(not really :)  But seriously, this book is hot, full  of sex and hot...wait I said that already, but it is HOT!!!! Jake Reed is the lead singer of the band Inkjet and he becomes infatuated with Lexi from the first time he meets her. But he's a rock star and he has rules. He has to be in control at all times, he doesn't do the boyfriend thing and he cannot promise anything except hot sex. Lexi falls hard even after their first encounter, but knows that she cannot expect anything more that great hot sex from Jake. But that doesn't stop her from falling for him secretly in her mind.

How do you go on with your life when someone else has invaded EVERY cell of your body and soul but something happens and makes your world come crashing down?  You try but you can't. You cant get that person off your mind if even for a second, you try to put other people, things etc in their place, but it just doesn't ever work. That is what Lexi has been trying to do for 2 years and for 2 years, she has not been "happy". Until she gets a certified envelope with something inside that changes everything.

 

This book is an amazingly hot steamy sexy story of Jake and Lexi and you need to go pick it up on New Years Eve 2015 to read it for yourself and see for yourself.  I look forward to more books by Elisabeth Joye!!!!

Thank you Elisabeth for the opportunity to read this HOT HOT book before it was released!!!! It is definitely one of my favorite hot sexy reads lately!!!

 

 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author Bio:

Elisabeth Joye used to write about Congress. Now, she writes about sex. A former political journalist, she’s wanted to write a romance novel since she was 12 and finally found the inspiration to do it by incorporating her love of concerts and musicians. Invisible Ink is her first self-published novella.

 

Elisabeth’s philosophy when writing romance is simple – she writes what she thinks is hot and hopes others will, too. She wants to create characters who speak, act and fall in love like real people with issues, flaws and fears. But, above all, the sex is got to be hot.

 

When she’s not writing, Elisabeth is a stay-at-home mom to her four-year-old son. She loves fangirling her favorite celebrities and reading true crime obsessively. She didn’t have a smartphone until 2013 and now couldn’t live without social media and text messaging. She lives in the Midwest with her husband and family.

 

(Photo of the author by SJMacky Photography)

 

Author Contact:

Buy link at Amazon: http://myBook.to/invisibleink


Amazon Author Page: Author.to/ElisabethJoye

Twitter: @elisabethjoye, https://twitter.com/elisabethjoye




Goodreads Author Page: http://bit.ly/GRElisabethJoye

Goodreads Book Link: http://bit.ly/InvisibleInkGR
 
 
 
 
"What are you up to?" I asked.
 
"Stay here, don’t move."
 
He went and flipped on one of the stage lights right on me and then planted himself in a front row seat. I could barely make out his face.
 
"Strip," came his instructions over the microphone.
 
I stood and looked at him blankly for a second.
 
"This is why you brought me here?"
 
"I can’t hear you, but if I could, it doesn’t matter, because no talking, baby girl. You know my rules," he ordered, his soft voice booming through the sound system.
 
I had already proven to him I was up for anything he asked for, so I did as I was told, removing my tank top and jeans and stepping out of my slip-ons.
 
"All of it," he said.
 
The air was cool on my skin, but the lights were hot as hell. I looked around for a minute, over my shoulder and into the wings of the stage.
 
"No one’s here, I checked, don’t worry," he breathed into the mic, his voice lowering.
I took off my underwear and I stood there naked in front of him, exactly what he wanted.
 
"Good. Now, walk the catwalk for me."
 
I shot him an exasperated, confused look.
 
"See that curved path in front of the stage right before the seats? That thing. Walk it."
 
I felt utterly ridiculous as I padded my way down the catwalk and moved back and forth across the crescent-shaped little path that brought me closer to where Jake had perched himself.
 
I concentrated mostly on not falling and trying to look as poised as possible. I could feel his eyes on me from below, burning into me.
 
Then he laughed.
 
It wasn’t into the mic, but I was close enough to him that I could hear him.
 
"God, Jake, don’t be a fucking asshole and laugh at me up here!" I glared at him and he looked so smug. I wanted both to climb on top of him and also to punch him. If I would have known I would be naked on a stage, I would have worn heels or hit the gym more this week or…
 
"I was thinking about how a lot of girls wouldn’t do this if I told them to," he said, smiling. "And if they did, they’d try to…do a stripper show for me or look seductive. But you’re …like…" he searched for the word he wanted to use. “there. You’re real. It’s fucking perfect."
 
"You don’t have to flatter me, Jake," I said, suddenly feeling more exposed. "You already have me. Obviously."’
 
He looked me in the eye for a long time. His stare made the moment suddenly serious. Then he looked me up and down for longer than I was comfortable.
 
"Spin."
 
I did.
 
"Slower."
 
He was silent and I felt sick to my stomach with nerves, overwhelmed with self-conscious fears. He was pushing me too far.
 
I faced him again and stood there, my hand on my hip.
 
"Jesus Christ, Lex," he said. "You’re so fucking hot. And you don’t even know it."
 
I looked down at him, shrugged slightly, and said, "It only matters that you know it, Jake."
 
He smiled big, showing off his perfect teeth.
 
"Is that so?" He stood up and used all his strength to lift himself up on the walkway. He pressed himself up against me, picked me up, and moved us both back to the main part of the stage.
 
My naked skin rubbed against his clothing as I wrapped my body around him, my legs gripping his waist, his hands cupping my bare ass. I kissed his neck lightly and then moved to his lips as he set me down and cupped my ass in his hands.
 
"So you said you wanted to do something I’d never done before," he said, pushing my shoulders down so I knelt on the stage in front of him. "I’ve always wanted to fuck a girl on a stage and where better to do that than the Los Angeles Amphitheater, right?"
 
On my knees, I knew he wanted something else first. A blow job. My stomach flipped again. Although we’d obviously already had a lot of sex, I had tactfully avoided trying to put his erection in my mouth until now.
 
I didn’t have a ton of confidence about my blow job skills in the first place, and his cock was by definition intimidating — larger than average, attached to a famous, super hot guy, and sexually powerful enough to take over my mind and life. It had unwittingly become the center of my universe.
 
Oral sex with Jake would put me in control for the first time. What if I didn’t do what he liked and I was desperate to please him the way he had pleased me.
 
"Don’t worry, I’ll tell you what I want you to do," he said softly, cradling my chin with his long fingers. He was a mind reader.
 
He undid his zipper and lowered his jeans on his hips enough that I had access to his full length.
 
I gripped one hand around the shaft and positioned my mouth around the tip, waiting for whatever instructions he had in mind. But instead of speaking, he grabbed me roughly by my hair and pushed into me as far as he could until I let out a muffled cry.
I closed my eyes and let my tongue dance around while he pulled my head into him and then out again by my hair, slowly at first so I could adjust and then at the pace he wanted.
 
I could not have been more compromised or exposed on a stage meant for an audience of thousands giving a fucking blowjob. But all I could think about was him and my hot breath and his skin against me. The setting fell away and time fell away with it.
 
Excerpt Choice Two (not explicit)
Word Count: 784
 
“So you’re in love with him, right?” Sammi asked as soon as I finished telling her the story of my recent activities with Jake. We were at the pool, soaking in the sun and sipping those cocktails that you don’t realize are getting you drunk until it’s too late.
 
Drunk Sammi was an expert at putting her old reporter skills to good use.
 
“In love with him?” I avoided eye contact, put my blonde locks up in a bun and played with the straps on my bikini. “No. It’s not like that. He’s not even in L.A. right now.”
 
“Well, you should see your face when you talk about him these days,” she said, taking a sip from her pink straw. “You’re in so much trouble, Lexi. I hope you don’t get pregnant.”
 
I laughed. “We always use a condom, Sammi, You know about his manwhore ways.”
 
“Exactly. My point exactly,” she said.
 
Since our night together that turned into a morning together, Jake had been traveling non-stop preparing for another new project. Other than his random text messages, which kept me entertained on fall afternoons when stuck at my desk, I tried not to think about him. He wasn’t around. I didn’t want to waste time missing him.
 
I struggled, however, because as the months passed since our first hookup, he was more and more popular in the press, his face in magazines, in the tabloids and his name on the lips of people that hadn’t even heard of him a year ago.
 
But we weren’t anything serious. We were just a sex thing.
 
I stirred my drink with the straw and thought about Sammi’s “love” comment for a long time, staring up at a the palm tree over my head. “When I’m with him,” I said. “It’s like…the real world doesn’t exist. Thoughts don’t exist.”
 
Sammi sighed and flipped from her back to her stomach.
 
“Trouble,” she said.
 
* * *
 
It was 11 p.m. and my phone buzzed next to me in bed. I was half asleep and rolled over to glance at the screen.
 
"I must have done something wrong in a past life."
 
Another weird text from Jake. I could never be never sure he meant them for me.
 
He was thousands of miles away telling me he had a bad day. Or maybe he had one in a past life?
 
"I must have been a crooked lawyer or a dentist or something," he said.
 
I pictured him lying in bed alone with his phone and found myself missing him. I shook the thought away.
 
"What’s wrong?" I asked back.
 
"It was a long day."
 
"Why?"
 
He didn’t write back for a few minutes.
 
"I just shouldn’t try to debate things with people when I’m exhausted," he wrote. He wasn’t joking or charming me. Maybe he had actual human emotions?
 
“What happened?” I wrote back, trying a third time to get him to tell me.
 
"Send me a pic of u," he said.
 
Of course. Of course he asked for a fucking picture.
 
"Only if you tell me you know for sure who this is," I typed back.
 
"U doubt I know who this is?" he said. "Your name rhymes with S-E-X."
 
I laughed out loud.
 
"And you taste great."
 
"Ok, keep going," I typed. I could be bolder on the phone than I ever could be in person with him. I didn’t have to look into his eyes on the phone. Or risk him touching me and making me forget what air was.
 
"Don’t get greedy," he wrote back.
 
Silence for a long time, then the phone buzzed again.
 
"Where’s my pic?"
 
I didn’t respond.
 
"Ok. I’ll play. You’re a good way to calm myself down,” he wrote.
 
An unlikely compliment from him. I felt uneasy. Before he could type back anything else, I stripped off my shirt and snapped a topless selfie on the bed. After I cropped it and colored it the way I wanted, I pressed send.
 
"Now I don’t feel so calm," he said back. "Goodnight."
 
I stared at the phone for a minute and then at the ceiling for another half hour.
 
Exhausted from tossing and turning, I clicked the screen back to life.
 
"Now I can’t sleep so you owe me,” I wrote.
 
* * *
 
A few days later, a book arrived at my apartment. It was a collection of outdoor photography, no words, only gorgeous pictures. Tucked inside, a typed note.
 
"Next time you can’t sleep, look at this and remember beauty is everywhere. – J"
 
I wondered how many other girls his assistant had sent this book to over the years. Still, I smiled to myself there in my kitchen.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment