Friday, January 30, 2015

Warrant by S.L Schiefer

WarrantRBBanner WarrantCover  
a9402-add2bto2bgoodreads2bbutton
Synopsis
I'm Devon Harper and there are only two certainties in my life:
1. I live to dance. 2. I'm a prostitute. Do you know when your life is suddenly turned upside down? Setting in action a sequence of events, you never saw coming. That's what happened to me. My story is not a pretty one, nor is it your typical love story. My world was rocked at 18 and again three years later. My life is a series of let downs. The only constant in my life is dance. When unlikely ally, Enzo, enters my messed up life I start to believe that just maybe there's hope for me yet. Trying to get a degree in dance and get out of prostitution might leave me with more to lose than before.
WarrantTease
Buy Links
About Author
S.L was born and raised in a small town in Ohio. She is the biggest Ohio State fan EVER! She's married with two beautiful boys and a furbaby. A country girl at heart, and have no problem sitting outside by a fire or grabbing guns and target shooting. Works as a hairstylist and assistant manager at SportClips. In her down time you'll generally find her relaxing with her Kindle, or trying to entertain the minions.
Author Links
Tour Host OUAA
 
 
Lori's 5+ star review
I received this ARC for an honest review and. Um, wow, um! Ok have you ever gone into a book after reading the warning at the beginning that says this is a dark read, gives you things that are in the book and warns you that if this is something you can't handle, please don't read this book? And you think, "Oh, it can't be as bad as this one dark book I read a while ago". Well I'm telling you I sat on the edge of my chair, holding my head, pulling at my hair, screaming at my kindle, choking on tears, gagging on words I was reading thinking " there really cannot be people out there THIS SICK.?", can there? I was to a point where I didn't think I could finish this book,couldn't take reading any more of Devon's torcher, needed to get the visual of reading out of my mind. But I had to know if Devon gets out of this horrible, which isn't even close to what has happened to this poor girl,don't think there is even a word that would describe what she has been through, situation she has been forced into.

When Enzo came into the picture, boy was I hoping he would be her "saving grace". I mean, a new cop in the town, not privied to the things that have been going on in this town and to Devon. But Devon knows what happens to people she gets close with and it's nothing good.so she pushes his kindness away, until something happens that she just can't let go. Will turning to Enzo get them both killed? Possibly.




This book is an on the edge of your seat, can't believe this is happening omg, I just want to jump in the book to kick someone's ass( more like blow someone's privates off) read. If you cannot handle reading about well, here is what the author puts at the beginning of the book:






Note from the Author Warrant is not your typical love story. There are many lines that are crossed in this book. If you’re squeamish, or hate taboo of any sort: please don’t read this book. My heroine goes through a lot of horrific events. This book is about a prostitute. REMEMBER THAT. Not everything that happens in real life is pretty, and not every story is pretty. I wanted to tell a story that crossed those lines and make you see something from a different light. I’m very well aware that you all might hate me or curse me while reading … that’s okay. Read at your own risk. This is a dark erotica/taboo romance. Love, S.L. Schiefer. If you have trouble with reading about rape, you may not want to read this book!!!

I really enjoyed the writing,not so much the events that take place in the story, but it is written very well and unfortunately sometimes too detailed for those like me who visualize everything while they read a book. I still can't wrap my head around most of what Devon had to go through eve an hour after reading this book

No comments:

Post a Comment