Sunday, November 24, 2013



I'm used to getting what I want. I've always taken what I wanted. No apologies. No excuses.

I know what it feels like to be betrayed, when someone else is calling all the shots. I've been down that road, and I'm not going there again. I've got my family, my friends, and the brotherhood. That's all I need.

I believe in Fate. Everything happens for a reason. But what do you do when Fate kicks you in the gut, plays a cruel joke on you?

When I met Quincy Priest, she was a flame I couldn't put out. A freakin' wildfire. She blew in to my life, burned it to the ground, then left me standing in the ashes. Gone as suddenly as she came. I'm not sure if I should love her or hate her… But I don't hate her. I could never hate her.

What do you do when the person who broke you may be the only person who can put you back together?

Can you run from Fate?

Do you even want to?

This is Brody's story




Lori's review:

I came across Choices as a freebie a while back, read it recently and loved it. When I saw Fate was being written and it was going to be in Brody's POV, I was excited ! I LOVE the male POV of a story. As a woman, I usually have the same feelings as the female POV, but it know and "understand" the male POV is exciting to me. I was always for Team Brody, cuz I love the "bad boy", but I loved Declan too. I was hurt for him during the whole book because from the first glance of Brody Quincy gave him, I knew that Quincy would choose Brody. I was angry at her for playing Declan and using him to "balance" her mind. Brody deserved her whole heart, not just a piece. When Quincy got the phone call during the middle of the night about her sister while in Brody's arms, I wanted to reach in the book and strangle her when she asked for Declan. Really?! Wtf. She had chosen Brody, but now she can't let him be the one to console her? So damn wrong! I cried with Brody after he closed the door and started crying. I don't like to spoil a book for someone who hasn't read it yet, so I won't say more than this, Brody has really grown up after this point in the book. He couldn't be any hotter, ok yes he could. Lol. I love the ending and hope we might see I little more of Brody and Quincy in the future ( hint hint Sydney. :).

"What the heart has known, it will never forget."

No comments:

Post a Comment